- If you present at the ER by automobile, with no visible trauma and no significant pain, you will be at the very bottom of the triage list all freaking night, no matter how significant your issue
- If once finally admitted you collapse in the ER exam room with a blood pressure almost too low to measure, you will be very high on the to-do list of a number of extremely energetic people
- If you present at the ER with a somewhat weird complaint not admitting of any obvious diagnosis, every doctor in the place will eventually wander in to ask you about it
- An amazing number of ER staff are keenly interested in new science fiction mass market paperback releases — or at least that's how it seemed to me in my medically-induced haze on the day Tor released the mmpb of Mainspring [ Powell's | Amazon thb | Audible ]
- GoLYTELY is a hellspawned brew which should be banned under the Geneva Convention
- No one is human with a quarter inch plastic tube up their nose, down their throat and into their stomach
I really am ok, more as it develops, within the bounds of reasonable taste and my admittedly loose notions of personal privacy. Expect continued light blogging, lousy correspondence habits and no new writing or writing related program activities.