Another good sign is the fact that books are bubbling in my head. As some of you may recall, I have talked in the past about book soup and novel bubbles. They're rumbling in my writer's mind now. Too many of them, in fact, which is a better problem to have than not enough, I suppose.
To be specific:
- Black Tulip — Historical fantasy/thriller set in 17th century Netherlands
- [Green 2] — Sequel to Green, as of yet untitled
- Original Destiny, Manifest Sin — A very alternate history of the settling of the American West
- Reign of Flowers — A sequel to Trial of Flowers and Madness of Flowers
- Tock, Gallant — Far future SF where the enslaved remnants of the human race are mentored by an immortal, animatronic Captain Hook, who is faced with the rebirth of Pan
- Tourbillion — The third, unifying book in the arc of Mainspring and Escapement
- A Tourist in the Land of the Slow (with lasirenadolce) — Narrative nonfiction about the history and current understanding of cancer, built around my experiences with the disease
And for some reason in the last few days I've been seized with a desire to plot out a multiple volume far future political space opera. Ghu knows what Fred is thinking. Oh well, I've got years ahead of me. I believe that when I'm done revising Green, I'll spend some time writing outlines, see if I can't get it out of my system.
I'm back, and damn I'm happy about it. Can you tell I've kicked the opiates?