After a fairly miserable weekend, sleep-wise, last night was probably my best night’s sleep since going off intensive post-operative medication. Ie, my best night of normal sleep since April. It was also the first night since April I’ve been able to sleep on my side in my more-or-less normal sleeping posture. Coincidence? I think not. I also have discovered that staying off fried foods, white flour, heavy starches, beef and excessive dairy considerably eases my affaires de colon . This is not the least bit surprising, but I’m in the position now where my appetite and cravings are in a serious mismatch with what my body will actually handle, thus requiring some active mental effort to manage this issue. I’m also eating considerably less food volume than my pre-op norms, so my weight has slid down a bit. So after a day of careful eating yesterday and night of sleeping on my side, I feel ready to fight tigers. By damn, I can see normal from here. Originally published at jlake.com . You can comment here or there .