Friday, August 8th
11:30 am — To be Announced: we pick the panel, audience picks the topic
I am moderating Greg Bear, Connie Willis and Chris Garcia. This will be a drop-down laff riot.
1:00 pm — The History of the Campbell Award
I am moderating with Dr. Schmidt. Which mostly means he will talk, I think, since his experience of this history is all first hand. I really hope Chris Garcia and Jim van Pelt can be there, because they’ll get bumped onto the panel if they show up.
10:00 pm — Match Game SF
kevinstandlee will be running this hilarious topical remake. I will present for the first round only, with some of my books on tap as prizes.
Saturday, August 9th
9:00 am — Strolling With the Stars
Me, Frank Wu and Stu Segal, I believe. Though if I’m up rattling around, I’m likely to appear on other days.
5:30 pm — Hugo Reception and Ceremony
I will be making a very special announcement at the reception, and I believe I will be presenting the Campbell Tiara at the ceremony, though I have not yet confirmed this.
Sunday, August 10th
11:30 am — Making a living telling lies
- I am arriving Wednesday afternoon from LaunchPad and flying out Sunday evening.
- All my dinner slots are spoken for, so if you want to meet up, catch me for breakfast, lunch or bar time.
- I’m supposedly involved in a couple of publication panels covering specific anthologies, but this has not yet been confirmed.
- There is a joint Buckell-Lake-Rosenbaum-Strange Horizons party in the SFWA suite, I believe Saturday afternoon. Borderlands Books will have stock to purchase, and Toby will be doing stand-up comedy. I’ll confirm time and location when I know them.
- Failing all else, I’m likely to be in the bar, whichever bar seems most likely.