Jay Lake (jaylake) wrote,
Jay Lake

[help] Language question

Cleaning up some open items here before I return to my vegetative state.

What is the term for words which are neither acronyms nor portmanteau words, but something in between? For example, "Canlit" to refer to "Canadian literature" or "NORAD" for North American Defense Command." My Google fu is weak on this one.

Originally published at jlake.com.

Tags: help, language

  • Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened