- Lost boys
- Absent fathers
- Absent mothers
- Frightening grandfathers/distant male authority figures
- An absent God
- People angry at the world
- Talking animals
- Gentle humanism
- Reversal of gender roles
- The "key man" theory of history
- The price of magic/power/belief
- Place, place, place
- Personal responsibility
- The question of "who counts"
- And of course these days, cancer, cancer, cancer
What do you find in your work, over and over?
Snurched from Shanna Germain at Year of the Word.