[cancer] The breaking of the ancient Western code
Some semirandom thoughts about yesterday's diagnosis, and a new round of surgery and chemo forthcoming.
- This isn't fair, but nobody ever promised me fair.
- Some contests you don't want to win.
- I grew a tumor the size of a large olive while on chemo. How aggressive can this damned thing be?
- Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. On the third occurrence, lift off and nuke the site from orbit. Unfortunately, I am the site.
- My belief that I will not live to be old has deepened significantly.
- If the universe is trying to tell me something, it's got my attention.
- The next person who suggests I still have lessons to learn from cancer is going to be in a world of hurt.
- Cancer sucks.
- I am terrified.
- Cancer still sucks.
- Fuck cancer and the bony-ass horse it rode in on.