- Went to a protest in support of the Wisconsin public worker unions
- Dined with a friend Friday night, then saw True Grit
- Brunched with a friend Saturday morning and did a bunch of walking
- Dined with a friend Saturday night and saw a jazz/klezmer group live
- Hiked part of the Cape Horn trail in the Columbia Gorge Sunday morning
- Advised and assisted the_child on preparing for her art showing next weekend
- Attended an Oscar party Sunday evening
- Wrote 5,100 words on Sunspin through all this
- Had strange dreams last night
The dreams last night were hilarious. As best as I can reconstruct them now, I was trying to arrange a social date for davidlevine. I stopped at the Philadelphia Zoo to sort out the details, borrowing a clipboard from their membership department.
As I sat on some empty steps to make notes about this date, I was trampled by a crowd of zoo patrons rushing to see an IMAX showing of some nature movie. I was so discombobulated by this that I threw down my clipboard in frustration. That narrowly missed a manager from the zoo office.
The Zoo Police took me into custody for attempted assault. I was informed that as my alleged crimes had occurred on public property, I would be charged with terrorism related offenses under the Patriot Act, and that Homeland Security was being called in.
For some reason I still had the run of the zoo offices at that point. Various writers and editors kept wandering in. I pled my case to the trio of Gordon Van Gelder, Tim Pratt and Ben Rosenbaum. Gordon told me I should be more careful with my clipboard next time. Ben said fifteen years in prison was a small price to pay for a just and peaceful society.
I wound up in the IMAX auditorium still looking for someone who could help me out. At that point the Zoo Police decided I was trying to effect an escape from custody by hiding in the crowd. They started a panic sending in a SWAT team after me, while loudly telling everyone I was a violent criminal threatening further violence.
I woke up laughing at myself. All that so David Levine could have a date?
What did you dream last night?