- Lately, NetFlix streaming and my AppleTV have not been getting along. It keeps refusing to load, even though NetFlix streaming works fine on my Mac and my iPad. (@jeremiahtolbert gave me the hint to unplug the AppleTV, which seems to have cleared the problem.)
- Yesterday the "/" key on my MacBook Pro got stuck in the active position, so that the computer endlessly typed ////////. Which made it kind of hard to log in when I rebooted to try to clear this.
the_childfigured out this behavior only occurred when the external drives were plugged in via USB. Which is baffling, as I've had those particular drives for months. I'm going in to the Genius Bar today to have this looked at, though I recognize I may simply need to replace the USB hub. I just don't see how a drive stack can force a key command.
- Yesterday, a low grade issue with Day Jobbe HR about my medical leave for surgery erupted into a major issue. Which was resolved, but what a thing to have to deal with.
- My body still aches like crazy, though, admittedly, it doesn't hurt like hell. Just as I really start to feel better, chemo will return. Cancer sucks.
- The intransigence of domestic politics seems to be irritating me a lot more lately. Counterfactuals have been fully enshrined in the rhetoric of the Right, protected by the 'liberal media' meme which allows politicians and voters alike to comfortably shrug off actual data and countervailing evidence as liberal lies. The Center has folded, essentially conceding the intellectual and policy debate to the Right. The Left hasn't existed in national politics during my lifetime. Irksome, all of it.
On the plus side, I wrote 2,900 words on Sunspin yesterday. Which makes up for a lot.