I wrote those 82,500 words over 37 elapsed days, with 10 of those days off from writing, mostly due to cancer stress. That's an average of 2,200 words per elapsed day, 3,100 words per writing day. Given that my minimum target for myself on novel production is 2,500 words per writing day, five days per week, I met my productivity goals in that sense.
The book has a couple of problems I'm aware of, mostly around the way the scenes are structured. Writing a dozen POV characters is kind of different for me. Not to mention the whole interlocking-protagonist-so-there-is-no-a
(And therein lies another essay, about whether or not we need Voldemort and Sauron, but that's not in the scope of this blog post.)
So I'm pretty happy. I gave myself to the end of May to get this done. I'm going to take a few days, possibly this entire week, for a brain break, then I'm on to the copy edits of Kalimpura, which in a fit of nearly stunning irony arrived in my inbox a few hours after I finished Their Currents Turn Awry. After that, I'll be working some more on the book proposal for Going to Extremes.